Job # 1002552, Processing Technician - Entry Level
Title: Processing Technician - Entry Level
Location: Winnipeg , Manitoba
Expires on: 10/20/2019
Reports to: District Manager
The Processing Technician works with various dangerous goods. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: pumping, bulking, and processing hazardous wastes streams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Full compliance with Green for Life’s Policies
• Unloading of packaged / bulk waste
• Loading trucks with the required supplies
• Documentation of incoming waste and inventory
• Waste reduction (bulking, toting, pumping, etc.)
• Sampling of waste streams for submission to end receivers
• Basic maintenance of certain Facility items (pump, hand tools, forklifts, etc.)
• Dispensing and dumping of parts washing solvent
• Overall cleanliness and housekeeping for the entire property.
• Completing daily hazard assessment walk around sheets for the yard
• Participation in weekly team meetings
Interested candidates must be willing to participate in the following training:
• Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations
• Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
• Standard First Aid / CPR
• Participate in any additional training programs as requested
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 12:00 pm – 8:30 pm (0.5 hour lunch)
Occasional to frequent overtime as required
Class 5F drivers license is required.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please email your questions to GFL Human Resources.
TELL A FRIENDApply Today
Back to Job Listings