Job # 1002424, Residential Driver
Title: Residential Driver
Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia
Expires on: 9/9/2018
Reports to: Operations Manager
Welcome to Smithrite Disposal a Division of GFL Coquitlam!
GFL Environmental is a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing of Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches across North America with over 6,000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for full time energetic and driven Residential Driver to support our growing company.
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, we offer the following:
• A healthy workplace culture
• Competitive wages with a RRSP matching programs (after 1 year of employment)
• Flexible working environment and hours
• Comprehensive benefits package
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
As a Residential Driver for GFL, you are responsible for the timely, safe, efficient and customer friendly delivery of waste collection and recycling services to our customers. Because you’re at the front line of our business, you help establish and influence the public impression of GFL and ensure it remains an accurate reflection of who we are and what we stand for as a company.
Who We Are Looking For
We need professional individuals like you that have a passion for driving and take pride in doing so in a safe and efficient manner. You look forward to participating in a ground floor opportunity that encourages the free exchange of ideas in pursuit of continuous improvement. You want to work for an organization that knows you by name, not just as a number, and to be treated with dignity, respect and appreciation. We want individuals like you that welcome the opportunity to help shape our future, have fun along the way and receive recognition for your contributions.
• Satisfy customer needs for service. Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established policies
• Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections and log book completion
• Complete an assigned daily route in a timely and safe manner as directed by the Operations Manager or his designate
• Perform driver check-ins at days end to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion
• Ensure that all protocols are followed while dumping loads at municipal facilities
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager
• Responsible individual with positive attitude and sense of pride
• Customer service focused and supportive of co-workers
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – minimum class 5 with air endorsement
• Heavy lifting required on a repetitive basis
• Acceptable driving record
• Working knowledge of Lower Mainland
• Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Work experience in the waste, recycling or environmental services industries an asset
• Work experience in the oil field, solid waste, used oil, hazardous waste, recycling or environmental services industries are considered a definite asset
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please email your questions to GFL Human Resources.
TELL A FRIENDApply Today
Back to Job Listings