Job # 1002368, Fleet Mechanic
Title: Fleet Mechanic
Location: Winnipeg , Manitoba
Expires on: 11/23/2019
Reports to: Fleet Manager
As a Heavy Equipment Mechanic with GFL, you’ll be performing preventative maintenance on our fleet. This will include carrying out diagnostic tests and repairs to a variety of vehicles and equipment using modern maintenance practices.
This position is based primarily in a maintenance shop atmosphere, however our Mechanics may need to make road calls and perform test drives to adequately service our fleet.
• Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
• Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs
• Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts
• Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs)
• Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
• Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
• Performs maintenance related work as required
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
• Level II - Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
• Competency using various computer systems to record and document repairs and diagnose problems
• Physical requirements of this position include the ability to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
• Work hours may require overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
• Must be able to supply your own set of hand tools to perform basic repairs
• Class 5 drivers license with clean abstract required
• Must be available to work evenings 2:00pm - 10:30pm and some statutory holidays
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please email your questions to GFL Human Resources.
TELL A FRIENDApply Today
Back to Job Listings