Job # 1002345, Residential Driver
Title: Residential Driver
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Expires on: 8/11/2018
Reports to: Route Supervisor
WELCOME TO GFL Calgary!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing of Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches across North America with over 5000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for full time energetic and driven Residential Driver to support our growing company.
With an eye to continued growth and development, we offer the following:
• A healthy workplace culture
• Competitive wages with a RRSP/DPSP program (after 1 year of employment)
• Flexible working environment and hours
• Comprehensive benefits package
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
As a Residential Driver for GFL, you are responsible for the timely, safe, efficient and customer friendly delivery of waste collection and recycling services to our customers. Because you’re at the front line of our business, you help establish and influence the public impression of GFL and ensure it remains an accurate reflection of who we are and what we stand for as a company.
• Satisfy customer needs for service. Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established policies
• Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections and log book completion
• Complete an assigned daily route in a timely and safe manner as directed by the Operations Manager or his/her designate
• Perform driver check-ins at days end to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion
• Ensure that all protocols are followed while dumping loads at municipal facilities
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager or his/her designate
• Responsible individual with positive attitude and sense of pride
• Customer service focused and supportive of co-workers
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – minimum class 5 with air endorsement
• Heavy lifting required on a repetitive basis
• Acceptable driving record
• Working knowledge of Calgary
• Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Work experience in the waste, recycling or environmental services industries an asset
• Work experience in the oil field, solid waste, used oil, hazardous waste, recycling or environmental services industries are considered a definite asset
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please email your questions to GFL Human Resources.
TELL A FRIENDApply Today
Back to Job Listings