Job # 1002329, Scale House Attendant/Relief Operator
Title: Scale House Attendant/Relief Operator
Location: Drayton Valley, Alberta
Expires on: 7/29/2018
Reports to: Facility Manager
Welcome to GFL Drayton Valley!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches across North America with over 5000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for full time energetic and driven Scale House Attendant/Relief Operator to support our growing company.
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, we offer the following:
• A healthy workplace culture
• Competitive wages with a RRSP matching programs (after 1 year of employment)
• Flexible working environment and hours
• Comprehensive benefits package
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
Ensure that all vehicles entering the landfill are inspected, weighed and charged appropriately.
• Weighs vehicles entering the landfill site, identifies contents of vehicles and customer residency and calculates the appropriate fee to be charged for disposal of refuse
• Balance accounts at the end of the day and prepare cash receipts for deposit and charge receipts for billing
• Visually inspects loads for hazardous waste and advise haulers of questionable material on proper procedure for disposal
• Answers customer inquiries relative to landfill use and charges and recycling
• Direct vehicles using the landfill relative to proper dumping areas, such as composting, yard waste, recycling and household hazardous wastes
• Relief Operator when employees are on vacation. Use the bobcat to move around material for the drivers
• Other duties that may arise as assigned by supervisor or members of the Management Team
• High school Diploma or GED
• Two (2) years’ experience in a customer service position involving receipt and disbursement of money or comparable experience
• 1 years’ experience using a Bobcat
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• Perform basic mathematics in determining the proper amount to charge for dumping at the landfill
• Read and accurately record scale reading, make change concerning collection of money and balance the cash receipt daily
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public
• Deal with public and general contractors and suppliers courteously and tactfully
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please email your questions to GFL Human Resources.
TELL A FRIENDApply Today
Back to Job Listings