Job # 1001585, Fleet Systems Coordinator
Title: Fleet Systems Coordinator
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Expires on: 8/12/2017
Reports to: Fleet Director - Western Canada
The ideal candidate for Fleet Systems Coordinator will have 1 to 3 years of experience in software system implementation and/or experience in a project management capacity. This role’s primary focus will be the deployment of GFL Environmental Inc. internal maintenance software throughout its operating locations in Western Canada.
Initially, this candidate will be required to travel to locations selected for system implementation and deployment and will be responsible to analyze locations as-is operations, identifying all site assets and loading this data into the electronic maintenance program during implementation.
This candidate will also be responsible to deliver, within the implementation process, a significant amount of front line training, As such, the successful candidate must be able to train site operations staff in the daily use of the software program, with the requirement of presenting to groups of 5-10 people as well as one training.
During software implementation there is a requirement to physically audit and sort through company owned equipment and parts, identifying items, cataloging, sorting and adding to the parts to the electronic maintenance system.
This series of activities will often occur within our maintenance facilities and the successful candidate must be comfortable performing these tasks within this environment.
Upon successful systems implementation, additional responsibilities will include: ongoing data upkeep, transferring assets within the system, correcting information within the system that is identified on audits, weekly and monthly reporting from the system as well as any tasks requested to support daily operations.
Responsible for the implementation of GFL electronic maintenance reporting system
Frequent (75%) travel to various locations in Western Canada
Responsible for performing routine maintenance and upkeep of digital assets within our electronic maintenance system
Responsible for managing data associated with truck inventory count results and asset reconciliation
- Sorting parts, arranging storage and building electronic inventory
- Training site personnel, where required, in use of our electronic maintenance program
- Generating and building key performance fleet reports from within the electronic maintenance system
- Minimum 1 year experience in a software implementation or software system support role
- Demonstrable ability to learn quickly, and to remain current within an ever changing software industry
- Strong follow-through, with a willingness to take on whatever tasks are needed to complete the job
- Ability to own and manage projects from beginning to end with little supervision
- Willingness to travel multiple days during the week, sometimes requiring extended stays, 75% travel required
- Strong computer proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft office applications and web based software systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to train users one on one; or as a group
- Self-starting, proactive individual who can work well independently and in a team environment
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently in a busy and varied environment
- Specific Asset Works/Compass/M5 experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of equipment and parts, transportation on or off highway equipment
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please email your questions to GFL Human Resources.
TELL A FRIENDApply Today
Back to Job Listings