Job # 1001516, Account Manager
Title: Account Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Expires on: 7/29/2017
Reports to: Sales Manager
As an Account Manager with GFL Environmental, you’ll be responsible for growing and maintaining your respective territory through your ability to make cold calls to grow your book of business, along with the retention of existing accounts. You’ll be selling waste removal and recycling services to major industrial accounts, commercial businesses, property managers and construction companies. While this position includes servicing existing clientele, your primary focus will be to generate new business while developing a territory that you will ultimately manage and maintain.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for experienced, energetic and hungry door openers with a strong customer satisfaction focus who can demonstrate a track record of successfully developing, maintaining and managing a sales territory. These individuals will be confident in their ability to communicate and sell to a target market of major industrial sites, commercial businesses, property managers and construction professionals. The successful candidates will have a clean professional appearance that is complimented by a confident and positive attitude.
- 3+ years experience with direct business to business sales and cold calling
- Proven experience attracting, cultivating, and retaining large new industrial accounts
- Post secondary education in business or a related field is preferred
- Enthusiastic self-starter with strong work ethic and a proven track record for success
- Clean professional image and sense of pride that promotes a positive team spirit
- Exceptional customer service skills along with a strong sense of team
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, time management and negotiation skills
- Computer literate with proficient use of customer database systems and CRM tools
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Work experience in the waste, recycling or environmental services industries an asset, but not required
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please email your questions to GFL Human Resources.
TELL A FRIENDApply Today
Back to Job Listings