Reporting to the District Manager, the Site Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the daily operations of this particular site. This includes, but is not limited to, the customer service, safety, operational efficiencies and overall personnel management within the site. Additionally, this position is responsible for overseeing the revenue and cost elements of the site, and continuously analyzing key performance measurements to identify areas of opportunity. The District Manager is relied upon for the effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing and decision making to attain profitable results for the district.
This position will commence mid-July.
- Conducts regular operational analysis of key performance measurements to identify unfavorable performance trends
- Develop corrective actions to address unfavorable performance trends and accept accountability for implementation and improvement
- Demonstrates leadership with personal conduct which inspires employees to strive for the highest level of performance and professionalism
- Maintains and ensures integrity of daily operating statistics recorded through TRUX
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively hire, train and perform periodic employee evaluations
- Conduct driver ride-along/observations to ensure proper driver qualifications & training opportunities
- Evaluate drivers and loaders with safety & vehicle abuse related concerns/ implementation of corrective actions
- Assist with accident review process of all accidents and accident investigation techniques
- Perform random pre/post-trip inspections with drivers
- Monitor trip inspection reports, driver log books and mechanic work orders
- Oversee dispatcher and assist when needed
- Conduct initial training of new hires on all daily operating and vehicle safety procedures
- Investigate high risk customer locations, review and implement corrective actions
- Consult with mechanic and dispatcher to set priorities for repair and maintenance tasks
- Oversee and assist with the preventative maintenance program to ensure compliance with DOT regulations
- Supervise purchasing of equipment parts and shop supplies
- Conduct regular safety meetings and assist in maintaining our health and safety program
- Provide coverage for dispatch and driver absenteeism associated with vacations, sick days etc
3 years of transportation operations experience, preferably within the waste industry
Experience in a supervisory role or a demonstrated ability to supervise and direct employees
Previous experience managing a solid waste residential contract an asset
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.