Job # 1001465, 310T Truck & Coach Mechanic
Title: 310T Truck & Coach Mechanic
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Expires on: 6/10/2017
Reports to: Fleet Manager
Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 2:00 am
Friday - 4:00 - 10:00 pm
• Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
• Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
• Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
• Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
• Performs maintenance related work as required.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in automotive/truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
• 310T Certifications, or proof of enrollment in Truck and Coach Program.
• Vehicle driver’s license.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
• Working knowledge of fuel, ignition, cooling, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and air brake systems.
• Knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing vehicles and equipment.
• Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment.
• Skill in repair of special purpose equipment.
• Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
• Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles.
• Ability to perform minor and moderately complex mechanical repair on a variety of equipment and vehicles.
• Knowledge of hydraulic systems and ability to read hydraulic schematic.
• Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
• Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program.
• Knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance program.
• Ability to complete required paperwork to accurately document repairs, utilization of parts and associated repair times.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to the principles of equity, accessibility and providing reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to navigate our site or apply for a position, please send us an email at careers@gflenv .com with the nature of your request along with your contact information. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please email your questions to GFL Human Resources.
TELL A FRIENDApply Today
Back to Job Listings