Job # 1001462, Sales Representative
Title: Sales Representative
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Expires on: 6/30/2017
Reports to: Sales Manager
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Handling routine customer problems and serve as interface between company and customer.
- Opens customer accounts by recording account information.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Completing documentation and assisting the customer with required paperwork.
- Resolves product or service issues by clarifying the customer's complaint determining the cause of the issue: selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the issues; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Maintain and grow revenue at existing customers and provide account management when needed.
- Maintaining good working relationships and account management with current customers and recognizing opportunities to up sell additional services.
- Executing warm and cold calls within your assigned region effectively.
- Daily proactive calls on and off the road with customers and potential customers to promote services to grow.
- Providing sales strategies, marketing ideas and new concepts, and developing business plans to successfully execute strategies to grow profitable revenue.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensuring environmental compliance at every stop.
- Inform customers of MOE requirements and regulations for waste products to be shipped from the customer facility.
- Keep abreast of products, market conditions and competitive activities.
- Prepare customer quotes by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Experience in customer relationships and generating new customer relationships.
- 2 or more years of customer based service experience would be beneficial.
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative time management skills and display of professionalism.
- Creative problem solving and strong team building skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Power Point.
- Resolving conflict, multi-tasking.
- Ability and openness to training and learning about the business.
- Waste management experience an asset.
- Travelling on road within their assigned territory.
- Dependable vehicle and valid Ontario driver’s license to perform duties.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to the principles of equity, accessibility and providing reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to navigate our site or apply for a position, please send us an email at careers@gflenv .com with the nature of your request along with your contact information. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please email your questions to GFL Human Resources.
TELL A FRIENDApply Today
Back to Job Listings