Job # 1001442, Safety Manager - Liquid Waste
Title: Safety Manager - Liquid Waste
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Expires on: 5/13/2017
Reports to: National Director EH&S Liquid
As a key member of GFL’s Liquid Central leadership team, you will be committed to providing a healthy and safe work environment for all of our team members. With the support of a national team, you will be relied upon to bring a wealth of knowledge and experience in the health and safety field that will allow you to advise on various unique obstacles that we face on a day to day basis. Working closely with our operational team, the Regional Manager, Health and Safety will ensure that safety is at the top of the mind for all team members and at the forefront of all daily activities. Frequent travel throughout Alberta, British Columbia, and Manitoba will be required.
- Develop and maintain a culture of safety excellence throughout the region
- Develop, conduct, and evaluate safety training including new employee orientations
- Conduct incident investigations utilizing root cause analysis methodologies
- Lead the H&S team to identify, analyze and ultimately control hazards
- Review, classify and report on injuries, property damages, and environmental events
- Conduct audits and inspections to evaluate safe work practices and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation
- Perform other related duties that correspond to the overall function of the position
- CRSP, NCSO or other professionally recognized safety certification
- Minimum of five years of progressive Health and Safety experience
- Ability to identify and evaluate hazards to develop hazard control systems
- Proven safety leadership experience with the ability to motivate and inspire
Experience in adult education, training and curriculum development is an asset
Solid understanding of chemistry and waste classes, both classroom and practical is an asset
Experience with TDG both handling and transportation is an asset
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like to learn more about this position, please email your questions to GFL Human Resources.
TELL A FRIENDApply Today
Back to Job Listings